Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grape Hod

I wanted to share with you a project I just completed for a very special client Mindy. She contacted me and wanted to know if I would add one of my deer designs to a grape hod that she had purchased. The grape hod is a Christmas gift for her mother in Wisconsin. I told her I had admired the grape hods that I have seen in Gorsuch stores and catalogs. So of course, I said yes.

The finished project- Grape Hod with Stag Design

The before pictures of the front and back.

When I first saw the piece, I was a little taken back because it's very large (26" by 23") and had a distressed finish that was not conducive to a flat decoupage surface. Nonetheless, I could hardly wait to get started.

After trying out many different designs, I finally decided an oval collage image of a stag surrounded by leaves. My first thought was to remove the distressed finish, but after discussing it with Mindy, we decided to keep the finish. I am so glad we did. Thanks so much Mindy, this was a great project. I sure hope your mother likes it!

4 comments:

jwbrown said...

Hello Robin,

This is Susan Brown writing to let you know how thrilled I was with the Grape Hod, which you had made for Mindy Brown and her siblings. It is by the front door to our cabin filled with river birch logs, and it is stunning!

Robin King said...

Susan,
Thank you so much for letting me know. It was a great project. I hope you and your family have a great 2010.
-Robin

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Do you mind my asking where you order these hods originally?
Thanks
brittany

Robin King said...

Hello Brittany,
Thank you for your comment. I believe the the client purchased the grape hod from Wisteria. I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for stopping by.
-Robin