Monday, December 12, 2011

A Few Beautiful Things for Christmas

These golden pine cones are simply beautiful hanging from a chandelier.

Easy to make, all you need are pine cones, gold paint and pretty sheer ribbon. It's a fun and quick project.
Recently, I acquired a beautiful 19th century Romanian hutch. It's a special piece and I wanted to decorate it with something very special this Christmas. Considering the age and faded painted design, a very simple decoration would do. I placed my favorite lamb statue and surround him with evergreen branches and pine cones.
To add a little splash of color, I placed a deep red glass wreath around his neck.

This wonderful cherub wall pocket was cast from an antique mold and then painted to look like stone. It is so beautiful and one of my favorite new items. The sweet cherub is surrounded with evergreens, red berries and green leaves.
For the Christmas Season I added a few ornaments to my line. I introduced the wooden laser-cut ornaments at my recent shows and they were very well received. Next year, they will be available on my website. I hope you have many beautiful things surrounding your family and friends for the holidays.

Until next time.

-Robin