Sunday, January 10, 2010

Forcing the Issue

Yes, I am forcing the issue. The issue of Spring that is. Last week's bitter cold temperatures had me longing for warmer days of Spring. To help get me through the next few months, I decided to force a few Paper Whites and Hyacinth bulbs in my kitchen window. They are planted in pretty vintage glass bowls and vases. Now the snow covered ground is nothing but a backdrop to my little window garden. Hopefully, buy forcing the issue, Spring will come a little bit sooner.

7 comments:

La Petite Plume said...

ressestnYour Majesty,

what a Warm and toasty thought. The thought a warmer days and nights. Here in NJ it's bitter. Looking at this Pretty picture gives all of us hope for an early Spring:)) Thanks for sharing!!

Royal wishes,
Daiys

Robin King said...

Daisy,
Thank you. Try to keep warm in NJ.
-Robin

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

I just bought Paper Whites too! We can at least have a bit of Spring inside while we have snow outside:)
~Debra
Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

cindy said...

I've always wanted to try my hand at forcing bulbs, but have just not made the effort!

-c
yapping cat

Robin King said...

Debra,
Best of luck with you indoor blooms!
-Robin

Robin King said...

Cindy,
I will let you know how they turn out. :)
-Robin

Nishant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.